Sunday, November 25, 2012

Koh Samet












Back in February I managed to get my hands on some incredibly inexpensive flights to Thailand. My boyfriend, Adam, and I have previously visited Thailand three years ago and completely fell in love with the country. When the opportunity of returning arrived we both jumped at the chance. Booking almost a year in advance meant that excitement and anticipation mounted to staggering heights  To be quite honest with you fantasies of Thai beaches and massages were the only thing that got me through the last semester of university! Koh Samet, our first destination, completely lived up to the hype I created in my imagination and so much more. Sunsets, crystal clear waters, incredible food and a harrowing off road dirt bike adventure virtually sums up our time on the island. Adam and I both never wanted to leave and even considered postponing our return to Bangkok. however as we were due to meet up with some friends in the capitol we begrudgingly left our island paradise. 
If you are ever in Thailand I highly recommend you take the four hour journey out of Bangkok to Koh Samet. The island, whilst having resorts and restaurants aplenty, is not as developed as other Thai islands and the relaxed and laid back atmosphere is almost impossible to articulate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment