Friday, October 4, 2013

Milan Fashion Week!















I've always dreamed off attending a fashion week, afterall i did just graduate university with a major in Fashion. So of course with Milan being only a two hour train ride from Torino I couldn't resist going along and indulging as a fashion spectator. My friend and I went down for a day with no idea what to expect or a plan of action. When we arrived we could fell the atmosphere of the city had changed from when we were last there. The energy was exciting as you could see the black Mercedes Benz with the fashion week logo, along with lots of italian super cars, darting about the city. After finding an information point we decided to go to the Missoni show and take street style photos. Once again we weren't quite sure what to expect, I didn't want to get my hopes up but I wanted to get photos of the Vogue editors and some of my favourite bloggers. We got there quite early and were chilling on a park bench outside chatting when all of a sudden Andre Leon Tally walks up and sits a bench down from us. I obviously freak out a little on the inside and was dying to ask for a photo but was far to intimidated to approach him. However after about ten minuets of him just hanging out on the bench I worked up enough courage to take his photo. He was really polite to me, which reinforces my belief that people who work in fashion are rude is just a stereotype! It was just after this that the mayhem started as the fashion 'It' crowd started to arrive. I was casually snapping a few people who looked cool when I saw Anna Della Russo appear like the fashion god she is from the crowd. Not long after this the other Anna showed up, yes Anna Wintour! I was standing on the sidelines of her paparazzi mob hoping to get a good photo when all of a sudden she changes direction and heads straight my way. I keep kicking my self that I didn't get a good photo of her but fear kicked in where her mob started running backwards in my direction. I took flight and when I was out of the mobs way it was too late and I missed my photo up. But thats okay because I lucked out by meeting my three favourite Australian Bloggers, Nicole Warne, Zanita Morgan and Jess Stein. I was most excited to meet Jess as I have followed her blog religiously for almost three years now. I love how she manages to combine my two biggest passions in life fashion and travel! I was so happy I got to meet and take photos of so many inspirational people. Here to hopping that next time I'm at a fashion week I'm invited to the shows as well! A girl can dream! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment